Jul 13, 2010

Airlie Beach

This morning dawned fine and clear and managed to get up to about 26 degrees in Airlie Beach where I am located until Thursday morning.

My ‘wog’ is still making me feel unfit. I hope that it is improving only time will tell. It is so annoying to have this issue.

After getting out of bed, it was time for breakfast and coffee. By then Drew was about as he had taken Angie to the Mine coach pick up point at 4.30 am. I slept so soundly I did not hear the car move even though it was parked only several metres from where I was sleeping.

Once Drew was around we had another coffee together while he had his breakfast. After that I went and proceeded to pack up the Karavan which always only takes a short time. Then it was a final farewell to Drew and I was then on my way towards Airlie Beach.

Along the way, I stopped at a little village called Calen. Drew and Angie told me to visit the newsagency/shop as it was special. It certainly was. I could not believe how much was stacked into the shop let alone the extremely large range of magazines. Everything seemed to be in date that I looked at and especially the food. It is run by a little old lady who was most chatty and very with it. It is really worth a visit to view the exceptional range of items.

A little while later, I turned off the highway at Proserpine but was briefly hindered b a cane train crossing the Bruce Highway. It is the first I have seen so far but there are numerous other tracks over the highway with lights.

By lunch time I was in the Big 4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort. It is a very clean and quiet park. It did not take long to set up in the nice shady site.

After lunch I went for a drive into Airlie Beach. I had a look around and found some lovely vessels in the marina. I also found a nice coffee shop but it is the most expensive so far, $5.50 for a muggacino!

After a caffeine fix I went to drive onto Shute Harbour from where ferries and support barges leave from and return to. Quite a bit of activity in that area while I was there.


Then I returned to the Big 4. While wandering around the park I came across a family that I was parked next to at Carmila Beach a few nights ago. I am almost certain that I will see them during the next few days.
So it was the evening meal which was a nice tomato pasta. That was my day and I am hoping for an even better one tomorrow.

No comments: