Jul 12, 2010

Carmila Beach to Mackay



After a very good sleep, I woke up to another glorious day at Carmila Beach camp site. I looked out of the tidal flats to find the water was coming in. It is quite fast and covered the flats to just look like any beach. It was a lovely spot to stay overnight.

After a latish breakfast, I packed up the Karavan and chatted with the family who had been next to me overnight and away I went. They planned to stay another night as they enjoyed the location.

Luckily, my distance to drive was relatively short. I only had to drive under 100 kms. I was having trouble with my voice and not feeling so wonderful.

My first stop was at the Sarina Caravan Park where I surprised Bob and Edna from Gunnedah. Bob used to haul grain from my farm all those years ago. It was nice to see them again and chat about all sorts of things. The whole park appeared to be full of people from the south who had migrated north for the winter. Apparently, nearly all the people are regular visitors.

I moved on the short distance to Mackay where I checked out the first Tourist Information centre I came to.

Then I drove to where Angie and Drew have their home. Thanks to the GPS I was able to find their home really easily. It was great to see them both again and we have chatted at length although I was having difficulty talking.

Angie made a lovely dinner and we consumed some red wine with it. So ended a pretty easy day.

No comments: