Jul 14, 2010

More Airlie Beach

Another warm morning to start by and it only became better as the morning rolled on. I had to skite a little when a friend, Reg, rang from Broken Hill to tell me that it was cold and raining. My reply to him was that it was 22 degrees and fine here at 9 am. He told me he and some others he is travelling with had to go into cabins as their camp gear became wet at Peterborough the night before. 

A bit of house-keeping happed in the Karavan this morning with a bit of a sweep and shake of the mats. I discovered some tiny ants had found their way in so they met a bad end with a spray. That seemed to end their invasion.

About 10 am, I went to Airlie Beach and found a different cafe that had nice coffee and was much cheaper than the rip off yesterday. I had a good walk around the area and the lagoon. 

Afterwards, I did a drive around the north eastern part of the area and just dove up roads but really did not find anything unusual except some unfinished developments. No ideas why they had not proceeded.

Soon after, I drove to the Whitsunday Airport to see what action there was but it was very quiet. There were 2 Cessna Caravan amphibious aircraft parked on the apron and a Robinson R44 helicopter.

As I returned to town I drove up more streets and discovered some nice locations perched way up on the side of the steep hill. Magnificent views from these locations but must have been a nightmare getting built.

It was getting towards lunch time so I went to the hardware shop on the way back to the Caravan Park. I picked up some tap washers as I was being annoyed by a dripping tap. Just as I finished paying, I heard this voice behind me say “What are you doing here?” It was Mal that I used to work with. He is with his wife Cathy and their home is now in the Marina on their large Catamaran. Having sold their apartment in Lennox Head, the cat’ is now their fulltime home. I gave them a ride back to the marina with their purchased goods.

After lunch I set about repairing the tap, successfully. I reloaded the water as I was getting low in one tank.

A quiet afternoon reading and getting organised to move on tomorrow.

This evening I drove into Airlie Beach and had dinner with Mal and Cathy. We had a nice Indian Curry along with some nice red wine that Mal supplied. Lovely evening chatting about things from the past.

No comments: