Jul 10, 2010

Rockhampton to Carmila Beach

This morning was pack up from Rockhampton. I was on the move again t6o the north. After packing up the Karavan and all its associated bits, I retrieved the deposit for the automatic gate key. As I left the office to go back to the Bravo a rotten little Pee Wee dive bombed me. It did the same yesterday, too. It is nesting time so it is to be expected.

My first stop out of the Caravan Park was the Stockland Shopping Centre. I needed to see a Pharmacist as I felt as though I was getting something I did not want. My symptoms were an ear that felt blocked, partially blocked sinus and a feeling of ‘flu. I was given some pharmacy products and I think they may be working. It is the last thing I need on a trip.

As I was in the shopping centre, I decided I had better have a last coffee at Jamaican Blue. It was nice again and would be the last muggacino for the day.

I drove out of Rockhampton on the Bruce Highway again. I had several brief rest stops along the way. A variety of farmland passed by and ranged from grazing braham cattle to sugar cane.

Eventually it was lunch time so I pulled in to the Carmila Hotel for what turned out to be a very large meal. It was a really nice rump steak and chips. I had one drink with it and chatted to fellow travellers who were doing the same.

After lunch, I drove east to Carmila Beach and a free camp. The Karavan is not more than 50 metres from the water’s edge. The tide was out and seems like it rises about 3 metres as there are just flats that run out for about a kilometre. I went for a walk along the beach and saw lots of small crabs on the flats. There would have to be more than 50 campers along the area and we are not jammed in. The few islands that can be seen from the beach are of the Duke Island group.

On my return, I had a cup of packet coffee and this resulted in having several chats with others around. The usual thing is they all would like to look in the Karavan. The Karavan is certainly a focal point to start a conversation.

So, a fairly easy going day with just a cup of soup for dinner, after such a big lunch.

No comments: