Aug 19, 2010

Another nice day at Port Douglas

No photos again today.

After a disrupted night due to back packers in a nearby establishment going on until 3.00 am, I was till awake early.

Again this morning, I had an early breakfast of muesli then went off on a 30 km bike ride towards Mossman. It was overcast with some light wind and remained that way for the rest of the day.

I discovered another cafe near the beach so I had a muggacino and toast. It was very fine drizzle that was around but one would not get too wet in it. After I finished I returned to the Karavan for a shower.

Later in the morning I went into the CBD for a haircut which cost $18.00. Following that, I wandered into a book shop and browsed without buying. Further wandering around the CBD and observing the world go by. There are certainly people from all over here. Next to me is a French couple, next to them some Germans and further along English. It is not uncommon to hear various languages as you walk along the street. Most tourists do not go much further north than here.

It was almost time for lunch when I returned. Just a nice sandwich with tuna and gerkins. After lunch I had a read until my eyes shut for a short time. About mid afternoon I drove to Mossman, only 15 kms away, to get some items to attempt to remove some of the red Cape York colour. 

On return to the Caravan Park, I had a swim and then set about trying to minimise the red colour. Hoses are not permitted to be used so only buckets of water. The Bravo doesn't look too bad but when i get to a pressure cleaner I will really make it look good again. I will probably give it another quick wash just to get rid of more red.

Then it was almost time to prepare dinner.

No comments: