Aug 30, 2010

Final day around Atherton

No photos again today.

Up and about at a reasonable hour then some breakfast. After breakfast, I thought I had better just do a check around the Bravo and the Karavan to ensure I had not missed any problems. All seems fine.

Later in the morning, after chatting to some fellow travellers, I went to Gallery 5 cafe for my usual muggacino and, for a change, some banana bread. I had a read of the Courier Mail newspaper and caught up on newspaper news.

After the coffee, I went to Woolworths to get some items for Kevin and Liz who I am going spend a couple of nights with. While there I bought a few packs of meat which should just about get me home.
The next stop was Big W where I located an appliance to enable me to make toast on the gas stove. While there I surprised a former Alstonville friend, Marie. I had not seen her since she moved up here to start a new life. She was really surprised to see me and we had a great chat and catch up.

Next I went hunting for filters for the Bravo as it is getting very close to needing a change of filters and oil. I first went to Auto Pro where I only managed to get an oil filter. My next stop was at Repco I was able to get anew air cleaner filter there but the fuel filters are either elusive or obtained from a Mazda parts source. On return to the Caravan Park, I replaced the air filter which was fairly dirty after its trip to and from Cape York.
After lunch, I did some reading until a fellow traveller, Ken, came over for a chat for a while. He is an ex Ansett employee and has been fully paid out after its demise.

Later in the afternoon, I went into town to Remedial Complete for a massage by Emma. She was quite a slight young lady but she is a very good massage therapist. She has helped loosen up a lot of muscles and hopefully this will help me along for a while longer.

After the massage, I then went and refuelled the Bravo and purchased oil for an oil change. I returned to the Caravan Park and commenced to pack up some of the unneeded items. 

All the day it has been drizzling and I heard on the radio that for most of the day Atherton received about 14 mm of rain. This is how it has been for the last couple of days and is not uncommon up here.

So that has completed my stay in Atherton and it is a lovely area with so many interesting destinations within a short distance of the town. Another place to return to some time.

No comments: