Aug 18, 2010

Port Douglas

No photos today.

I woke up to an overcast morning but it did not rain although later in the afternoon it did drizzle very finely. It did not wet a thing. It has been a bit windy most of the day.

Once I was up, I had my breakfast then went for a good ride up towards the hills in the north west of Port Douglas. The hills very about the standard of riding along Bagotville Road at home. Not much but when I haven't ridden much for a while I felt it a bit. I was out in a lovely area and out of the wind mostly for about 1 1/2 hours. So I can still keep going .

On arrival back at the Karavan, I decided to do a few little jobs as I cooled down before having a shower. No rush this morning and will not be for some days.

About 1030, I went into town and went a browsed in a book shop for a while and found another book to read. This trip I seem to be able to relax and read more than I have in the past.
It was time for a coffee and "french' toast this morning for a change. I sat and read some information and enjoyed the quiet time. I went to Java Blue again as I find it is good.

Then back to the Karavan to do some washing and reading as well as having several swims in the pool which is about 50 metres from me. It is not very deep but very refreshing.

The day was getting away and then it was time for dinner. Another nice piece of fillet steak, onions and a mix of vegetables. No red to night as I did not feel like it.

So a quiet day but relaxing and some of the red Cape dirt is leaving the Karavan.

No comments: