Aug 20, 2010

A great day in Port Douglas

 No photos again today. Slack, aren't I?

The morning started well as I had a really good sleep last night. I turned the air conditioner on and had the temperature set to about 20 degrees. This helped me sleep but also drowned out the backpacker parties about 150 metres away.

Up and had muesli for breakfast and then off on my 1 1/2 hour bike ride towards Cairns and return. It was pleasant riding until I stopped and turned into a dripping, perspiring, person. Anyway, I cooled down again at the cafe near the beach. it was quite busy this morning.

I returned to the Karavan and eventually had a shower and stripped the bed sheets off for a wash along with some clothes.

Next item on the agenda was a massage for me by Carolyn who is in the Caravan Park. She and her husband are from near Echuca and are tripping around indefinitely in a big 5th wheel caravan which is being towed by a Ford F250. Carolyn works in a day spa several days a week and free lances on others. Her husband, Harry, drives coaches around the area. She has done similar training to me in massage through the same organisation.
Then I put the washing on as the machine were in use earlier. It takes about 35 minutes to do a load. Being lazy, I put everything in the dryer which takes 45 minutes. 

After all this it was time to have lunch so  I went to town to Java Blue for a nice burger and a muggacino. All was really nice. Before I returned to the Caravan Park, I collected some items at Coles to replenish the supplies a bit.

Back in the Park it was time for a swim,relax and read. While doing this I chatted with a few people. One next door is camping and he asked if he could use a plug on my power board to charge his phones. 

Later in the afternoon, I decided I had better clean the Karavan outside as I had done it inside before I had a massage. I can only use a bucket due to water restrictions. The water became Cape York red very quickly. However, by using a floor mop with the sponge fitted I found it was not too bad. The Karavan now looks respectable at least on the sides and ends. I may do a little more when I pack up. It will still need a pressure clean when I get home as I have not done wheels and chassis on the Bravo and Karavan. So there is till a fair amount of red still about.

After doing the clean job, it was time for another swim. While in there I chatted to a couple from near Frankfurt, in Germany. They come to Australia often for holidays to get away from crowds and not such good weather. He works for the VW company.
By this time it was time to consider what I would have for dinner. So I made up a great dish of beans, bacon and chili. Even if I say so, it was very nice.

Not much else has happened to day.

No comments: