Aug 11, 2010

Last day at Loyalty Beach

Another quiet day relaxing before the trek down south again.

Most of the morning was taken up with either chatting, unusual for me, or reading. I did check the engine oil in the Bravo.

During the morning a lovely group arrived and parked next to me.Some of them were from Toowoomba. One couple, it turns out, know a lot of the same people I know around the Doondiwindi area. I even know their son in law. They are a really delightful lot.

It was now lunch time and quite hot so a nice cool sandwich was what I decided on.


Later in the afternoon I went into to Seisia to refuel. The diesel price was $1.95 per litre. When one is in this area you have to pay these prices. No shopper docket discounts up here!

As I came into town the heavens opened up and the rains came. It had been black in the South East for a while today. I have no idea how much rain came. There was a lot of water running and lying around. I will have to check on roads in the morning.

Then it was time for happy hour with all the Kimberley owners. There are two Kampers and my Karavan and we are all parked together. A lovely hour or so chatting. There are two toher couples that do not have Kimberleys but are part of a group.

Then it was dinner. So ends my time near the Tip of Australia. It has been worth every bit of the travel up the rough roads and the distance. I have thoroughly enjoyed the time here.

Ther may not be a post for several days while I move towards Weipa. Depending on road condiotions I hope to be ther by the weekend at the out side.

No comments: