Aug 21, 2010

Final Day in Port Douglas

Well it has dawned slightly overcast for my birthday.

I had my normal breakfast of muesli and then off for a ride around Port Douglas to reinforce my vision of the town. There are some older homes around but there are also some beautiful newer homes and apartments.

The golf course are wonderful and well looked after. I believe there are three. There appears to be developments alongside most of the courses. Some lovely homes are lining the greens.

As my ride drew to a close, I returned to the cafe near the beach for a muggacino and toast. It is a busy place and located really close to the beach. The owner remembered what I had ordered previously.

Then back to the Caravan Park where I started to put items away that I did not need in preparation for departure in the morning. I had a couple of phone calls so just relaxed and chatted.

It was soon lunch so I went into town for a light meal and a muggacino. I had myfinal stroll around the area and returned to the Karavan. When I returned, I continued to read a book and had several chats with other people around me.

It was quite warm, about 30 degrees, so I had a nice swim and further chats to people in and near the pool. It was very refreshing. So some more rading and chatting and a bit more packing away and filling water tanks up.

Then it was almost time to go to Marina Mirage for dinner. It was nice sitting loking out over all the luxury vessels tied up in the Marina. I lashed out for dinner having three courses washed down by several Coronas and finally muggacino. I have not had such a lovely meal for at least 4 weeks. It was much better than I could put together.

So that has been my final day in Port Douglas a place I would like to return to in the future.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Glad to hear you had a nice meal on your birthday.

Port Douglas would be a lovely place to spend it in.