Sep 23, 2010

Around Coonabarabran

This morning was relatively easy pack up and no great rush as I was not travelling too far.

First up was a coffee to get me going.

Then I drove out to the Siding Springs Observatory. I had been here about 20+ years ago and noticed the trees had grown up preventing me from getting any photos to the east. It is very interesting to visit and the whole process is well explained.

After the Observatory, I then drove towards Coonamble tot he Visitor Information Centre in the Warrumbungle National Park. The building has been recently renovated and really blends into the area. It also has a lot of information about the area.



My next move was to return to Coonabarabran. It was almost lunch time so I had lunch at the Jolli Cauli where I had been having coffees. After lunch it was hitch up to the Karavan  and refuel before departing for points east and eventually to Tambar Springs sometime tomorrow.

No comments: