Sep 19, 2010

A wet Goondiwindi

This morning arrived with the sound of light rain on the roof of the Karavan. It had been predicted and it was quite obvious last nigh that the cloud was building up. We were lucky to have our great flights yesterday as the weather would have prevented any VFR flying today.

The rain has been light but it has been falling all day. Luckily Andrew and Lucy managed to spread a large square bale of hay around their garden late yesterday. The moisture will soak through.

So we all stayed in bed longer than we would have if it had been fine. Lucy went for a walk to get some bread and the Sunday paper. I was aware of her as I had been out to get a couple of things from the Bravo.
A bit later, Lucy cooked bacon and eggs for breakfast which is something I rarely have as mostly I am away from home for bike rides. Soon after it was down to the Larder cafe for a muggacino and a social time there as many people drop in for the same reason.

Then back to their home and a watched a movie Andrew had in his DVD machine. That was something else that I have not done for quite a while. We all had toasted sandwiches for lunch.

The afternoon saw us all take a rest. I was reading my book and did not go to sleep but I know the other two did although Lucy was early up to do some pharmacy work and study.

I collected my washing from the "drying" room, which is a western bedroom. So that job is almost up to date. Only sheets to do in the next couple of days.

So the day was really quiet and I know both Andrew and Lucy needed the rest time as they have both been very busy.

No comments: