Sep 20, 2010

To Narrabri

I woke up early hearing light rain still falling on the Karavan. This morning, I had breakfast with Andrew and Lucy before they left for work.

After they left for work, I started to pack the Karavan up ready for travel. It does not take long but all the cords and hose probably take longer than it takes to actually lower and secure the Karavan. 

Once they was done and the Karavan connected to the Bravo, I set off to refuel at the Freedom Fuel outlet in the main street. I noted that the price of $1.258 per litre was exactly 70 cents cheaper than fuel at Cape York.

Once refuelled, I went into a street parallel to the main street and behind the cinema to park. Then I went over to the Larder to  meet up with Andrew and his good friend Jay for coffee. Jay had his twins with him. It is school holidays and as it was showering, he was not crop spraying with his Air Tractor 802. After we had coffee, I say farewell to Andrew and Lucy, in her pharmacy.

My next destination was to be for lunch in Moree. There I met Patto and Deb for lunch at the Omega cafe. It is a nice cafe that I have been in several times before. It was really wonderful to see these two and share stories. They will be over in my home area in November for a wedding so I hope I can go cycling with them then.

After lunch I set off for Narrabri. I arrived in the middle of the afternoon. Once I had set up, I did the washing of the sheets and some clothes. I then put it all through the drier. It was still overcast here and nothing will dry quickly. While waiting for all this to complete, I chatted with the Caravan Park Manager, Col. He tells me that the traffic had been a little up on last year.  

No comments: