Sep 22, 2010

To Coonabarabran

An easy day today with only a short drive from Narrabri to Coonabarabran.

I packed up very leisurely after I went for a long walk in Narrabri. It was quite cool due to a southerly wind so I walked rather than cycle. Luckily, the day improved.

After I finished the pack up, I left the Caravan Park and parked near the 3 Bean Coffee Lounge so I could have my regular caffeine intake.

Then I set off for the 1 1/2 hour drive to Coonabarabran on the busy Newell Highway. There is a lot of heavy traffic along with a lot of caravans. 

When I arrived in Coonabarabran I went in search of a gas strut that had been sent from the Kimberley factory in Ballina. One of the struts on the big rear door blew its seal at Goondiwindi on Friday so I have managed with just one working correctly. Anyway, I found it and then went to the John Oxley Caravan Park and fitted it before setting the Karavan up. That job took only a few minutes.

Later in the afternoon, I went to catch up with Hod who I had known for a very long time. He was the former Pastures Protection Board Ranger for the Coonabarabran region. I was a Director on that board for some years and became very friendly with him. We had a great time chatting about people and our families. Later on , Hod followed me to the Caravan Park to have look at the Karavan. While he was with me, a fellow traveller offered to take a photo of us both.  Finally, he left to go to a dinner.
So I have caught up with several old friends in the last two days. That is so rewarding to me.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hi Duncan,

You and Hod look so happy. It looks like it was too long since you had managed to chat with him. He looks pretty sprightly for his age too.