Sep 15, 2010

To St.George

Up early due to being a little cool in bed. A cool change went through during the night and so the temperature dropped. I only had a light cotton blanket on the bed. It will be different tonight.

Anyway, I was packed up quite early. About 0730 I departed and went to the BP station to refuel. Then it was on the way to Surat. As I drove along, I noticed a lot of new gas installations. There area between Roma and Surat is a known gas field area.

On arrival in Surat, I needed a muggacino. I had one in a Cafe that I have been into before and it was not bad at all. I had a bit of a walk around before continuing my journey.

All the way along today I noticed how good the countryside was looking following good rain in the past autumn and winter as well as rain in the last week or so. The various waterways mostly had water in them and some were even flowing. Most times I have been out here, it is usually dry and not looking very pleasant. So most crop enterprises ill produce good results with some luck.

About 1100 I arrived in the Kameruka Caravan Park in St. George. Set up did not take very long. 

Around 1230, I had a prearranged call from a former interstate colleague, Scott, who works for  Emergency Management Queensland. So we had lunch and a good chat about our lives since we last were together working. I also met the Southern Region Red Cross Coordinator who was with him.

After lunch Scott had to leave for Roma and I looked around part of the town and took a few photos around the town. By then it was getting late. So back to the Caravan Park and chatted to fellow travellers, as usual.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hi Duncan,

My parents visited St George about six months ago and were very impressed with the town.
Would love to see more photos if you can take more tomorrow.