Sep 17, 2010

On to Goondiwindi

A very relaxed morning as I only had an easy run of 200 kms to Goondiwindi from St. George. I showed several fellow travellers through the Karavan before packing it up.

Once packed up, I had to pass the Stevie Jean cafe! So I had a coffee before leaving town. Great coffee and service at this cafe.

I set off towards Goondiwindi and took a few photos as I went. The first one was a travelling irrigator giving a wheat crop its final water or trying to encourage the clouds to drop some rain.

About 3/4 hour out I came to Nindigully Hotel. This is not the first time here but it is always a good stop off. I had mylunch here along with a large number of travellers and a group who were giving their grandfather a 'bucks party' as he was remarrying after the loss of his wife some time ago and he did not have a party prior to that wedding. They were after the Road Train Burger that really feeds 4 to 6 people. They had received an email about it and decided to visit and see. I amsure there will be some un healthy people ther in the morning!

My lunch was about 1/10th the size of that Burger!

I moved on later and headed for Goondiwindi. Passing continuing good looking crops of wheat and chickpeas. As I moved closer to Goondiwindi, I saw more and more water as the MacIntyre River was in moderate flood level. There was a lot of water against the road but only one location where it crossed the road.

Finally I was at Andrew and Lucy's home and set up the Karavan outside their garage and not long after they both returned home from their jobs. We then went out for dinner at the Railway Hotel and met up with some of their friends.

3 comments:

Julia kelly said...

Looks like more rain for the inland. might chase you home early like it did for us Duncan. Drive safely.

Hollie Goodall said...

Hi Duncan,

Are you refering to Andrew Walker of Goondiwindi, who is about 30+?? Can you let him know that Hollie Goodall (I) just sent him an e-mail but I think I had his old westfarmers address...I was just hoping that he and his family were safe and the floods wernt affecting him....anyway I hope his family are well and if he can e-mail me on hollie@hgfitness.com.au I now live in Darwin but think I may be down to help clean up... take care

Hollie

Duncan Walker said...

Hollie try this address Andrew.Walker@landmark.com.au