Sep 12, 2010

Moving on to Emerald

Another moving on morning this morning with a relatively easy trip from Phil and Margy's to Emerald.   I had breakfast with them and finally I said farewell. My departure was about 0750. On the way in I stopped at the Coal information centre at Blackwater for a muggacino. It was not bad at all.

Emerald is the town that Andrew went to Agricultural College which is just on the edge of the growing town.  Emerald is growing quite rapidly due to the massive growth in coal mining in the region. It has a population of more than 11000 people and most of the infrastructure to go with it.

I arrived into the caravan park after less than 2 hours driving and set up fairly quickly. Several years ago I stayed in the same park. It is clean and tidy and quite a variety of people in here. 

After setting up, I then went to my friends, formerly from Ballina, for a long lunch. It was wonderful to see Louise, Jose and Madeline again. Much chatting occurred while having a lovely relaxed lunch. One advantage of being in this caravan park is that it is about a 5 minute walk to and from their home.

Late in the afternoon, I returned and chatted to Mal and Issac on Skype. Mal had just returned from the USA from a work trip. Soon after, I spoke to Lucy also on Skype. During this time I was doing some washing then machine drying accumulated worn clothes.

So a lovely day in Emerald.

No comments: