Sep 7, 2010

Final day in Charters Towers

No photos today.

Up and about early as usual and had a call from Malcolm on Skype from Dallas in the USA. He is there with work and will be home again by the weekend. 

After breakfast I went for a good bike ride around the town and found some areas I had not found before. It is always interesting to me to see what is around each town. Certainly a variety of houses from quite elaborate to old miners cottages.

On return to the Caravan Park, it was time for a shower. Then I did a big load of washing. After the washing I decided to use the drier as the weather was variable in that there was a fair amount of cloud around. This meant I had to initially wait for the washing machine and then the drier as they were all busy. During this time I had a call from Andrew, too.
After all the washing was put into its place, I went into town to refuel without the Karavan hooked on. As usual, I used the Woolworths Discount outlet to save 4 cents per litre. Following that I went for a coffee. 
I collected a few items from the shops then returned to the Caravan Park. I washed the floor of the Karavan after I had lunch. During the afternoon I did a bit of reading and later putting unused items away.

Also, during the afternoon I had a lovely chat with a Swiss couple who now live in Busselton in Western Australia. The remainder of the day was quiet and just ensuring I have little left to do before departing this interesting town for points south.

There may be no posts for some days, depending on internet connection availability.

No comments: