Sep 10, 2010

To "Eldeebar" Dingo

Up and about for a liesurely day to near Dingo.

After packing up, I had a reasonable muggacino in a cafe in Clermont. I had a walk around the main shopping area and took some photos. Then I commenced my journey for the day. I refuelled at the Catex station on the edge of town.

I travelled the 70 plus kilometres to Dysart, where I had lunch, over a variable but good road. Wonderful scenery including the mountain known as Lord's Table.

Dysart is obviously a service town for the mining in the area. It appears a tidy town with a lot of facilities. A reasonable shopping centre.

Then I drove onto Middlemount which is a very noticeable mining town with literally hundred of dongas for the miners. They obviously are fly in/flyout facilities but located in the town. Also lots of facilities.

Then it was on to Margy and Phil's "Eldeebar" property. It is a lovely looking place and I had only seen their original home which I am parked next to. They have done a lot since Phil won the block in a land ballot many years ago.

No comments: