Sep 14, 2010

On the way to Roma

This morning I packed up quite leisurely and chatted to Tim and Joanne as they were intrigued by the way the Karavan packed up. About 0800, I left the nice caravan park in Emerald. 

My first stop was the coffee shop in the Centro Centre. I had a muggacino and raisin toast.  When I finished that I went and briefly said goodbye to Phil and Margy's daughter, Lucy, who is a pharmacist there.

Then I was on my way towards Roma. I passed by a lot of farms that are looking a picture and those with crops look really good. I have been through Emerald about 4 times and at about the same time each trip. This is by far the best the farms have ever looked.

The first town I passed through was Springsure. It is a typical service town to the rural enterprises. I do have a distant relative who has a CRT franchise there but I did not call in this time due to a bit of a time constraint.

Next was Rolleston which is only a village on the road junction with roads from Moura, Emerald and Roma entering the village. I stopped and had a short break then set off again.

My next stop was in Injune. Since I last passed through it has had some new businesses and buildings. There is a large SPAR supermarket on on corner while diagonally opposite is a Rural Transaction Centre with the Information Centre there too. It is amazing to see both buildings in a tiny town. Most seem to be fading away but not Injune.

Then it was on to Roma, a short distance away. Into the Big 4 Caravan PArk and set up in no time. After that it was down to the Chapter Bookshop/ Coffee shop. Then a quick look about and I returned to the Caravan Park and chatted with fellow travellers.

No comments: