Sep 21, 2010

Narrabri

Well, a very quiet day.

First up this morning I went for a long walk in the main area of Narrabri. The day started a bit cool but warmed up to be really nice. It was sunny again and as it was warm I started to feel good.

As I entered the main street, I was reminded that a fellow I was at school with owned the news agency. I was going there to get a magazine anyway. As I walked in, I saw Phil down the back of the shop. We had quite a long chat as it was about 15 years since I last saw him at a Rugby match in Gunnedah.

Along the walk I collected a few items from Woolworth's to get me home. I had checked around the Bravo and Karavan storage areas. I think I have just about managed to have the right amount of consumables. As I returned back to the Caravan Park, I had a nice coffee at the 3 Bean Coffee Lounge.

After getting back to the Karavan, I gave the floor a good wash and clean. I then chatted to some other fellow travellers. Then an old friend, Rod from Wee Waa, arrived. 

We chatted for hours during the day as we have not seen each other for quite a number of years although we often talk on the phone. After a while it was lunch time so we walked the short distance to the Narrabri RSL Club. The lunch was very nice and followed by a reasonable muggacino.

After lunch, which was along one, we walked along the street taking in some of the older buildings. One has been renovated and when it was being done the builders discovered some original work had been hidden. It has now been made a feature of the Optometrists practice.

We returned to the Caravan Park and chatted to several new arrivals before Rod left to return to Wee Waa.

So ended a day of catching up with several people I have not seen for some time. I am almost certain there will be more to come over the next few days.

No comments: