Sep 25, 2010

To Tambar Springs

The previous afternoon, I went to Lesley's farm for an overnight stay. I had a look around the farm that I had not been around for a very long time. It is looking fantasctic and probably the best I have seen it, as do all the crops and livestock in the area.

Next morning I was off and away for Premer. Many familiar faces there setting up for the annual Premer Cricket weekend where they play very social cricket and I think 7 per side and limited overs. They are having over 300 players for the 2 days.

I saw so many I had not seen since I left the area. A number of my former SES volunteers, Apex members and others from the community as well as meeting some that have come to the district since I left. A wonderful few hours.

Then I drove the short distance to Tambar Springs where I stopped at the Post Office/Shop and caught up with Ross, who was an agricultural consultant from Gunnedah many years ago. The operator of the Post Office, Debbie, I remembered from days gone by. Then another past Apexian, Ian, came in.

Finally for the day, I drove to Chris and Jacqui's farm for an overnight stay. They are great to spend time with. They were my immediate neighbours when I had the farm here. Again, much catching up and late to bed.

So another day meeting up with people from the past when I lived in this area. Today is the mullaley School 125 year celebration and no doubt some more old faces to reconnect with.

No comments: